Terra State Community College is offering a unique opportunity for 2018 high school graduates. Students that choose to major in a program with high job demand are eligible for the new Workforce Demand Scholarship.
This scholarship would provide up to an associate’s degree tuition free for 2018 high school graduates majoring in the following academic programs:
- Computer Systems
- Digital Media Technology
- Health Information Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Music Technology
- Office Administration
- Robotics-Integrated Manufacturing Technology
The Workforce Demand Scholarship will pay the gap between the cost of tuition and general fees and all state and federal grants received by the student. This amazing opportunity does have some stipulations:
- The recipient must graduate from high school in 2018.
- The scholarship will pay for a maximum of five semesters.
- To qualify a student must be enrolled full-time (12 or more credit hours) for the fall and spring semesters.
- Books and other fees (i.e. course, activity, and technology) are not covered by this scholarship program.
- Students who are awarded a Workforce Demand Scholarship will be provided with the opportunity to participate in a work-based experience with an employer in the College’s service district.
Applying for this scholarship is easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Complete a free application for admission to Terra State before March 1, 2018.
- Complete the Terra State 2018-2019 scholarship application before March 1, 2018.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1, 2018.
- Develop an academic and career plan, sign a participation contract, and register for classes before June 15, 2018.