TOLEDO, Ohio - The City of Toledo and Lucas County Emergency Management Agency are partnering with a number of community organizations to help residents beat the heat over the next few days.
With temperatures rising into the upper 90's and heat indexes expected to reach the lower 100's, a number of cooling stations have been announced across the city. Officials are also encouraging neighbors to check on one another, especially elderly or ill neighbors and family members.
The following are some of the cooling options being made available:
- ALL City of Toledo Pools will be open regular hours. Four pools will have extended hours and be open on Sunday.
- City of Toledo Wilson Park Shelter House will be open and cool on Sunday from 12:00-5:00PM
- City of Toledo Friendship Park Shelter House will be open and cool Thursday & Friday from 9:00AM-4:00PM
- Gesu Catholic Church will be open and cool Thursday and Friday from 11:00AM-7:00PM
- Glenwood Lutheran Church (next to Toledo Museum of Art) will be open and cool Thursday and Friday from 12:00-6:00PM.
- Toledo Public School locations will be open and cool Thursday through Saturday from 1:00PM-6:00PM. They are Reynolds School Library and the Cafeteria at Garfield School
- First Unitarian Church, in partnership with Greater New Psalmist, will be open and cool Thursday-Sunday from 10:00AM-8:00PM.
- ALL Toledo Lucas County Public Libraries will be open and cool during regular hours.
- Many Area Office on Aging Senior Centers will be open and cool. Hours and locations vary.
A map of the locations, addresses and hours of the cooling stations can be found here: http://bit.ly/LucasExtremeTemp