(Toledo, OH) A Maumee developer wants a former factory designated a historic landmark.
Toledo's Uptown neighborhood could gain another historic designation if the Toledo plan commission agrees to add the former auto parts factory to the National Register of Historic Places.
The block-long building at Jackson and 10th was originally built sometime around 1900 and used until World War Two as an auto parts factory-- building everything from carburetors to soft auto tops for Jeeps. The historic landmark designation would allow the developer to apply for federal historic tax credits as he seeks to convert the building into office space.
The landmark designation already has the blessing of the Toledo City Historic Districts Commission, which reviewed the plans late last month.
If approved, the building would be the third downtown historic landmark in the last five years leading to redevelopment.