TOLEDO, Ohio - The Lucas County Sheriff's Office is offering to screen your trick or treaters' haul.
Candy screening will take place tomorrow night between 6 pm and 9 pm at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Complex at 1801 Spielbusch Avenue.
Sheriff Tharp is also offering a few tips to keep you and your family safe this Halloween.
- Don't obstruct vision with hats, mask, etc... that do not fit properly.
- Wear flame resistant costumes and accessories.
- Well-fitting costumes and shoes to prevent trips and falls.
- Decorate costumes with reflective tape and/or bright colors.
- Carry flashlights to see and be seen. Also, add glow stick and/or any clip on lights.
- Always look Left-Right-Left, walk facing traffic, use sidewalks whenever possible, make eye-contact with drivers, and cross intersections & crosswalks.
- Remember important Stranger Danger rules as they apply more than ever & do not go inside anywhere without an adult
- Stay with trusted group of friends and take an adult.
- Adults - keep the kids safe by being bright and well lit and most importantly, make sure you stay close enough to insure everyone is aware of your presence with your kids.
- Examine candy and other collected things at the end of the night. Candy screening is available at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Complex, located at 1801 Spielbusch Ave. on Halloween night from 6 PM to 9 PM.