(Put-In-Bay, OH) State investigators say the electrical system at a Put-In-Bay marina is in working order after the death of a teenager.
19-year-old Evan Currie died when an electrical current jumped from his family's boat to the water at the Miller Marina.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources says Currie's family had their boat hooked up to shore power when he jumped into the water to help his father, who started to struggle while rescuing their dog which had fallen overboard. His mother unplugged the boat's shore power moments before he was shocked.
The teen's father calls his son a hero for trying to help.