TECUMSEH, Michigan - Residents in Tecumseh have been given the all clear after a fire caused a potential hazmat situation.
WTOL 11 reports that a fire broke out Thursday morning on S. Ottawa Street. Firefighters were unsure what was burning inside the building and called in a hazmat team to assess the situation.
City officials say the building that caught fire was abandoned, but that used to house a company that worked with some sort of chrome material. No hazardous chemicals were found in the air or water and residents were told that the area was once again safe.