President Trump will deliver his first State of the Union address tonight, which you'll hear on Newsradio 1370 WSPD and 92.9 FM at the conclusion of the University of Toledo men's basketball game. If you'd like to enjoy a few libations along with your presidential addresses, here's a few rules for the Scott Show's State of the Union drinking game:
Take one sip whenever...
- Trump mentions Russia or China
- Trump says fake news, take two sips if he uses the term "witch hunt"
- Trump calls out any specific news outlet
- If Speaker Paul Ryan beats Vice President Pence to his feet to applaud
- If camera finds someone sitting quietly while others are applauding
- Trump uses the word "tremendous" or "beautiful"
Take one drink whenever...
- Trump strikes goofy thumbs up pose
- Trump mentions his election win
- Trump talks about "bringing X back" or "making Y bigger than ever" (e.g. jobs, stock market, State of the Union speeches, democracy)
- Speaker Ryan or VP Pence lean over to whisper something that makes the other one laugh
- Trump mentions a celebrity by name that has not supported him
Take two drinks whenever...
- Trump insults someone
- Trump says "believe me"
- Trump says "I promise you"
- There's a standing ovation
- A protester interrupts the speech
- Trump mentions Hillary Clinton
Take a shot whenever...
- Trump drinks a beverage using both hands
Just play along with these rules and you'll be right sloppy long before the Democratic response!