COLUMBUS - The Patrol’s 170th Academy Class graduated after 32 weeks of intense training.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine; Director Andy Wilson, Ohio Department of Public Safety; and Colonel Charles A. Jones, Patrol Superintendent, provided remarks. Major General John C. Harris Jr., Ohio Adjutant General, delivered the commencement address to the 23 members of the Patrol’s 170th Academy Class. Judge Matthew P. Frericks, Marion County Court of Common Pleas, issued the Oath of Office.
Courses completed by the 170th class include crash investigation, criminal and traffic law, detection of impaired drivers, firearms, physical fitness, self-defense, and emergency vehicle operations.
Trooper Nathaniel F. E. Snyder, Chillicothe Post, was selected as a class speaker and thanked the Academy and cadet family members for being supportive during their training.
Two graduates received special honors for top performance in various fields of study at the Training Academy. The honorees were:
- Overall performance – Trooper Tanner R. Collins, Georgetown Post
- Top performance in academics – Trooper Bryce M. Imars, Milan Post
- Top performance in driving – Trooper Tanner R. Collins, Georgetown Post
- Top performance in firearms – Trooper Tanner R. Collins, Georgetown Post
- Top performance in physical fitness – Trooper Tanner R. Collins, Georgetown Post
Below we have the complete list of graduates.
- Abdullah S. Ahmed - Piqua District, Marysville Post
- Kourtney M. Baker - Warren District, Ravenna Post
- Aaron M. Causey - Jackson District, Athens Post
- Tanner R.Collins - Wilmington District, Georgetown Post
- Amanda M. Crowe - Columbus District, Delaware Post
- Grant I. Gifford - Jackson District, Ironton Post
- Alec P. Hacker - Piqua District, Dayton Post
- Bryce M. Imars - Bucyrus District, Milan Post
- Christopher B. Jackson Jr. - Cleveland District, Elyria Post
- Matthew F. Lauofo - Columbus District, Delaware Post
- Camron J. Martin - Findlay District, Toledo Post
- Derek P. McCarty - Jackson District, Gallipolis Post
- Juliana L.McEndree - Piqua District, Wapakoneta Post
- Vance A. Norton - Cleveland District, Canton Post
- Dominic L. O'Neill - Wilmington District, Hamilton Post
- Anthony M. Pagan - Columbus District, Granville Post
- Alexander W. Price - Piqua District, Dayton Post
- Zachary T. Schmeltz - Findlay District, Swanton Post
- Malachi J. Shelton - Piqua District, Springfield Post
- Rebecca D. Snouffer - Cambridge District, Cambridge Post
- Nathaniel F. E. Snyder - Jackson District, Chillicothe Post
- Yoba Tamang - Warren District, Ravenna Post
- Caleb C. Whitacre - Piqua District, Marysville Post
Graduates will begin to report to their posts on Sunday, January 15.
The graduates’ first 70 working days will be a field-training period under the guidance of a veteran officer.
The new graduates are assigned to 19 of the Patrol’s 59 posts.
(Copyright 2023 iHeartMedia)
Listen to WTAM for news at the top and bottom of the hour.