Chlorine Leak At Catholic Club Sickens Two Children

TOLEDO, Ohio - A chlorine leak at the Catholic Club has sent five children to the hospital.

WTOL 11 reports that five children were in the Club's pool when the leak occurred. They were all sent to the hospital, with two suffering from severe respiratory issue. Seven others were in the locker room, but were evaluated at the scene and deemed to be alright. 

 Officials say that the twelve kids were at the Club as part of a head start program. The fire department's hazardous materials unit was dispatched to contain the leak. 

The Catholic Club says the pool has been closed until further notice, but the rest of the Club will remain open. 

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content