Posted January 2nd, 2014 @ 1:30pm
Some other laws in effect from around the country, according to USA Today:
- A new Illinois law bans anyone under age 18 from tanning facilities. They are the sixth state with such a law.
- Minnesoata to test aid recipients for drug use.
- California to require 3 feet between cars and bikes.
- Arkansas voters must show photo ID at the polls.
- Virginians may now register to vote online.
- Colorado will allow 16-year-olds to pre-register to vote, but they must wait until they turn 18 to actually vote.
- California restrooms and sports are now "consistent with gender identity," regardless of their "birth identity."
- Oregon mothers may now take placentas home from the hospital.
- Oregon drivers may no longer smoke in their vehicle when children are riding.
- Minimum-wage increases take effect in four states.